Adekunle Gold opens up on how he became a Christian

No Comments

YBNL singer, Adekunle Gold, has opened up on how he switched from his Islam faith to becoming a full fletched Christian.

Gold also mentioned that his decision to become a Christian wasn't initially supported by his father, but now he has the general support of his family.

According to The Herald, the switch happened when he went to Church with a girl, and ever since he had remained a Christian.

He said, "I followed a girl to church and found that I became a Christian instead. That was in 2004 and I have remained a Christian ever since."

"My father didn't like the idea initially but later everyone accepted me for who I am. I am cool being a Christian."

The singer also shared his early experience pursuing a music career.

Adekunle Gold made huge financial investments into recording songs, which made his mother raise concerns, The Herald reports.

"My mum was always asking me why I would always use the money that I should utilise on myself on recording songs. I was a lover of music and I grew up listening to a lot of sounds."

"While at the Lagos Polytechnic, I would always run to record songs even when I started working, I was like that too and my parents didn't understand what I was doing."

"I continued this until I dropped 'Shade' which became a big break. They support my vocation and are my number one fans."

Powered by Blogger.
back to top