Why I Campaign For Jonathan - Maku

No Comments

FORMER Minister of Information and Nasarawa State governorship candidate of All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA), Mr Labaran Maku, on Tuesday, said he went ahead to campaign for President Goodluck Jonathan ahead the forthcoming presidential election, as he believed the president was a leader focused on his job.

He said having Jonathan as president beyond 2015 would move the country forward.

Maku spoke in Abuja, at a press conference where he stated that he considered the election of the president to be higher than his own ambition.

"Campaigning for President Jonathan does not detract for my own election," he said.

The guber candidate noted that the kind of country that Jonathan inherited was not one that could be fixed even in eight years.

Maku argued that the president would win the election by a wide margin in Nasarawa State, regardless of what people wrote on social media.

He cautioned that it was better for the ongoing debates ahead the election be factual-based, insisting that Jonathan's simplicity should not be taken for granted.

The former minister observed that the president allowed divergent opinions to blossom under his administration, noting that "people don't know what they have till they have lost it.

"I am matured enough to know that President Jonathan should campaign for the candidate of his party and I am confident that Nasarawa people will vote for me. I stand shoulder high among my competitors."

Powered by Blogger.
back to top