Federer Beat Djokovic to Reach Dubai Final

No Comments
Roger Federer saw off Serbia's Novak Djokovic to reach the final of the Dubai Tennis Championships on Friday.

Federer, 32, took advantage of a rain delay to fight back and claim an impressive 3-6 6-3 6-2 victory in one hour and 45 minutes.

He turned a rather dull opening set around with the consistency of his aggressive play on his way to clinching a rare win.

"I think I was able to play a bit more aggressively as the match went on," Federer is quoted as saying on the ATP Tour's official website.

"I knew I was in a bit of trouble (after the first set) and not looking good at all, because he has a tendency to really run with it and play more freely on your serve. He plays very dangerous.



Roger Federer Has Beaten Two Top Five Players in the Space of Two Months, Having Beaten Andy Murray In the Quarter-Finals of the Aussie Open.

"It was just a matter of trying to play consistent but remain aggressive – sometimes being overly aggressive to see if it works.

"Then I started to serve very well, something I haven't been able to do really this week yet. I knew to have a chance (against Djokovic), I needed to serve well, so I'm just very happy I was able to deliver that."

The win was the Swiss' first over the world number two since 2012, extending his career head-to-head advantage against Djokovic to 17-15.

The 17-time Grand Slam champion will meet Argentina's Tomas Berdych, who beat Philipp Kohlschreiber 7-5 7-5, in the final. Both pair met in last year's final, in which Federer emerged victorious.


Thanks

Powered by Blogger.
back to top