General Studies and Entrepreneurship examinations were conducted with the CBT module.
Speaking with the Information Unit of the University after inspecting the exams, the Deputy Vice Chancellor, Prof. Rotimi Ajayi, expressed satisfaction at the conduct.
Prof. Ajayi, who noted that AAUA has been conducting its Post-UTME and Pre-Degree Entrance Examinations with the CBT module for three academic sessions on, said the extension of CBT to regular examinations was not unconnected with the University's desire to be 21st Century compliant of the examination.
The DVC said the development would reduce the burden of marking scripts and therefore allow lecturers to have more time to focus on teaching and research; eradicate the challenge of delay as results are generated immediately; engender fairness in result administration; eliminate exams misconduct; and boost the integrity of the University's examinations.
Some students who spoke with us commended the development.
Mary Enesi, a 200-Level student of Educational Management, said, "It was awesome. It is a welcome development. It is stress-free, and it doesn't give room for exam misconduct. Everyone is glued to his own computer and conscıous of the CCTV. And I'm very sure wıth this concept, ıssue of mıssıng scrıpt would be a thing of the past."
A 100-Level student of Business Administration, Olorunyomi Ayeleso, remarked, "For me, the CBT is the best in terms of time and resource management. It is a welcome development. A serious student will embrace it. I'm looking forward to seeing when we will be writing all our exams with CBT"
Richard Ilesanmi, a 200-Level student of Mass Communication, said, "The whole exercise was very okay, well organized and I must commend Management for it. The time was adequate for a serious student. And if we must curb exam fraud, CBT is the way to go."
"Honestly speaking, AAUA is getting there. We all embrace the CBT. I'm particularly interested in it because it will address the challenge of missing scripts and other challenges relating to conduct of exams.
"I want to say a very big thank you to Management for this innovation and I pray that God will continue to protect and give them more wisdom," Olakunle Balogun, a 100-Level student of Physics Electronics, said.
Oluwadamilola Taiwo, a 200-Level of Political Science and Public Administration, said, "I never knew the conduct of the exam with computer would be as smooth as it was, being the first time it was introduced to our regular exams. But I was surprised at the way everything was so well organized. I hope the process will continue. It is a laudable achievement. We appreciate Management for actually making AAUA a 21st University, properly called!"
Thanks
