Don Jazzy, Wande Coal on war path

No Comments
Two versions of a new song by Wande Coal titled Baby Face are at the
centre of a brewing altercation between the Afro pop singer and his
erstwhile boss, Don Jazzy of Mavin Records. Our correspondent gathered
that after listening to the song, which was allegedly released barely
two hours earlier, Don Jazzy went on Twitter claiming that it was
stolen from him by Wande Coal. An indignant Don Jazzy claimed the song
was a studio demo that he made about a year ago. He allegedly accused
Coal of disrespecting him by going ahead to record and release the
song to the public without give him due credits. "How long will I
continue to sweat and some people will choose to steal from me? I am
nice and easy going does not mean you should disrespect me," he
tweeted. Then in another tweet that seemed to suggest that he was
displeased with some of his fans for keeping quiet while his
intellectual property was being infringed, the music mogul said, "I
honestly expected you all to come at me for being childish. But enough
is enough. Even if I send my legal team on him you will complain too.
I can decide to shut him down with one call. But didn't. All I ask for
is "give me my credit" and nothing else." Evidently Don Jazzy's claims
did not go down well with Wande Coal. The latter was hurt by the fact
that the Mavin Records boss had to express his feelings on Twitter. He
tweeted a message, accusing Don Jazzy of trying to bring him down.
"After these years of being loyal to you, I can't believe that you
will ever say this to me and trying to bring me down on Twitter. You
have my phone number, email address and my DM to communicate with me,
but you chose the Twitter attention syndrome. I served for 10 years.
Why are you unhappy with my progress? Is it bad that I kept quiet and
moved on with my life?"

--
Faith Olaniran
Mobile lines: +234-8062723258, +234-8074695684,
www.faitholaniran.blogspot.com
Twitter:@olaniranfaith
facebook:Faith Oluwalose Olaniran

A Seeker of the Unknown to man but Known to God.

Powered by Blogger.
back to top