AAUA students receive stipends over work-study scheme

No Comments

No fewer than 102 students of Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, Ondo State,  who took part in the Institutions 2015/2016 academic session (First Semester) Student Work-Study Scheme, SWSS, have received their stipend for the exercise.
The Scheme, which took-off in July 2010, allows willing and indigent students to work for two hours every work day for monetary stipend to support themselves financially while studying in the University.
Giving out the cash to the participants  , Director of the SWSS, Dr. Adejompo Fagbohunka, commended the University Management for keeping faith with the scheme in the face of dwindling resources and the downturn in the nations economy.

He said, I am so impressed with how the Scheme is being managed. I am particularly happy that the scheme is kept afloat, especially, at this critical time of scarcity of funds everywhere. The only way the students can thank the University is to be peaceful at all times and take the full advantage of the scheme to acquire needed industrial skills.
Dr. Fagbohunka advised the beneficiaries to use the stipend judiciously.

Some of the benefitting students, who spoke were full of praise to the University Management for not only easing their financial burden, but also offering them the opportunity to hone their entrepreneurial skills.
A beneficiary, Shedrach Ajani, 200-Level (Banking and Finance), said: This programme is so helpful. Apart from the money in it, I have been exposed to many things in the Library where I was posted. The money too will go a long way in terms of feeding and getting academic materials for the next session. I am so grateful to the University Management for helping us benefit from the programme.
Also speaking, Remilekun Ibidare, 300-Level (Guidance and Counseling), noted that the scheme has helped her to manage her time efficiently.
She added:  The money I have received would take care of some of my needs and I use this medium to appreciate the people in charge of the scheme.

On his own part, David Akerele, 300-Level (Physics and Electronics), said: This is very encouraging. I worked in the Faculty of Education and I had a very nice experience and exposure. I was able to use my time judiciously. This money will ease some of my financial burdens, especially, my house rent."

I have been ruminating on how to pay my tuition fee for the next session and I believe this will form part of the fee. I am so impressed, and I hope the Management will continue to run the scheme. I say a big thank you to the authority of the University, Joel Olufade, 300-Level (Educational Management), commented.

Abayomi Ajiboye, 200-Level (Philosophy), remarked, The most important thing to me is that I gained much experience in the Faculty of Education where I worked. The money has come at the right time when we have to pay for accommodation and other fees. The University Management has really done well for us and I appreciate the Vice Chancellor specially for not scrapping the programme despite the lack of funds in the University.

Samuel Damilare, 200-Level (Economics), wanted the scheme to be sustained, having worked in the CBT Centre and took part in a number of activities of the centre. This stipend will really help me, especially during this time we are about to pay school fees

Powered by Blogger.
back to top