Ekwunife dumps APGA for PDP

No Comments
The lawmaker representing Anaocha/Dunukofia/Njikoka Federal Constituency at the House of Representatives, Hon Mrs Uche Ekwunife says she decamped from the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, because there was no opportunity to improve lives of people in her constituency.

Mrs Ekwunife also late declared that she had joined the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, along with over 5000 party faithful across the state.

She emphasised that she left when the ovation was loudest.

The lawmaker, who hosted and empowered her supporters at her campaign office in Awka, lamented that she could not continue fraterninising with APGA when she could not help members of her constituency, even as she urged her loyalists to continue showing their solidarity and support.

She also used the opportunity to disclose that her colleagues in the National Assembly representing Awka North and South, Ogbaru and Orumba North and South constituencies had also withdrawn their membership of APGA, saying that they consulted widely before taking the decision.

She said,"this is the right time to quit APGA and continue to pursue my political career. I cannot continue to be in a party where I can not help my my constituency.
I am an independent woman and you should know when the ovation is loudest. I have strong reasons for leaving APGA, if not for my position in the national assembly,
I don't think that I could have helped people in my constituency and if I remain in APGA, I can not do anything".

Thanking members of her campaign organisation for their support and loyalty in the past one year, Ekwunife vowed that work on her constituency projects including roads would continue.

She recalled her achievements in the past 8 years, including attracting developmental projects, job creation, as well as empowering women and several individuals.
Thanks

Powered by Blogger.
back to top