2015: Oyo NURTW boss accuses Toyko of planning to unleash violence

No Comments
AN internal crisis is gradually brewing amidst members of the Nigeria Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), Oyo State, as 2015 elections draw nearer.

The current chairman of the union, Alhaji Taofeek Oyerinde, a.k.a. Fele, had accused the former chairman of the union in the state, Alhaji Lateef Akinsola, a.k.a. (Tokyo), of planning to disrupt the peaceful atmosphere in the state.

Fele, in a statement signed by him and made available to news men in Ibadan, at the weekend, stated that security operatives in the state needed to keep a watchful eye on Tokyo, accusing the former chairman of the union of training and recruiting boys he intended to use to unleash mayhem in the state.

According to him, Tokyo who has been expelled from the union by the national headquarters, is desperate to cause violence in the state for him to hijack the union again.

"He started this act some few weeks ago, when his boys attacked some boys in Agbeni and claimed that they were my boys who attacked him, whereas, he was only trying to blackmail me. I gathered from a reliable source that he is now working with one of the over ambitious Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship aspirants in the state, who is using him to write petitions to security operatives in the state in order to blackmail the executives and some politicians in the state.

"I was informed on Thursday by my members that some security operatives brought a petition letter to the union's office, but they didn't receive the letter on my behalf because I was not around. I am very sure that it was Tokyo that is using the security operatives to witch-hunt us," Fele alleged.

The Oyo NURTW boss noted that the state had been peaceful since the inception of Governor Abiola Ajimobi's administration in the state. He added that any act to disrupt the peace should not be allowed by the security agents in the state.

He appealed to the police and State Security Service (SSS) in the state to commence thorough investigation and put the ex-chairman of the union under their watchful eyes in order to avoid any act of violence in the state. 

Meanwhile, Alhaji Akinsola Tokyo described Fele's allegation as baseless and ' a pack of lies.'

The former NURTW chairman, in a telephone conversation, described "the allegations as baseless and untruthful." He said, "It was Fele and his boys that should be investigated for their criminal activities.

"My judgement as the authentic chairman of Oyo NURTW is still standing and valid, they are the ones that are denying me of its implementation. All the chairmen of different garages are not even happy with me because he is giving them hard times. I don't have any governorship aspirants I am working for and I don't have any boys I am training to disrupt the peace in the state.

"I was attacked some weeks ago by Fele's first son at Chief Imam's house in Agbeni, and it was God that saved me. I wrote the petitions to the police in order for them to curtail all his evil acts," Tokyo explained

Tribune
Thanks

Powered by Blogger.
back to top