“I cried when I finally left Infinity” – Kore

No Comments

Kehinde Akinbode (Kenny Kore), former lead singer in the multiple award winning gospel music group, Infinity aka Olori Oko, has finally disclosed why he quit the group and went solo.

"I left the group- Infinity because it was what I believed was the right thing for me to do at the time. We had been together for 11 years and achieved quite a lot of remarkably things together. We had grown from boys to men and the priorities of boys are not the same as men. I was also convinced that divine will pushed me out of what had become my comfort zone." He told Glitz.

The happily married singer who has successfully released two albums further discussed his relationship with the group and the Nigerian music industry.

See excerpts from the interview below:

Since you left the group we have not heard much about them, can we say that you were the backbone of the group?
Grace is the backbone of anything legitimate that is succeeding. I am not even flattered that some people think without one man other men cannot succeed if they so choose; it's a malignant and pride full way to view life.
You probably have not heard much from Infinity because they haven't been in Nigeria recently. They just finished a European tour. They've got lots of goodies for us as a result of their relentless effort to bridge the extremities between art and spirit. I would advise you to watch out for them.

What kind of relationship do you have with members of Infinity group now?
My relationship with the members of Infinity isn't as close as it used to be, I believe that's because of proximity, priority, and enlargement. More like how Abraham and Lot, who were buddies couldn't be so close because God had enlarged them individually. I look them up every now and then, and always celebrate their successes as if they were mine.

What kind of music would you describe as good music?
At best my music has been described as eclectic because I am not limited by genre or message. I write as I am inspired and sing as I am led; one minute it is Rock, the next it is Rap, Apala, Country, Reggae, e.t.c.

Share with us a memorable experience you once had.
I would never forget the day I finally left infinity. I cried.

What is your take on Nigerian music artists who sing using lewd lyrics?
People who use lewd lyrics are just plain irresponsible and selfish. One day we will all give account of our lives.

Talking of Nigerian music industry, can you say that we have arrived the point of perfection?

Nigerian music has come of age, but there is yet a lot to learn and a lot more to unlearn. Society and its values keep changing and music reflects that. I am sure when we have a better society; we would have better personalities as our musicians and inadvertently we would have more sane music.

Thanks

Powered by Blogger.
back to top