Comedian Klint Da Drunk involved in messy N250,000 church fraud

No Comments

Few days ago, the internet was awashed with reports of how popular Comedian, Clinton Afamefuna Igwemba, aka 'Klint Da Drunk' defrauded an Abuja based church – Christos International Church – of about N250,000.

According to reports, the Comedian was supposed to anchor the church programme on Saturday, March 22, 2014 and was paid N250,000 but failed to show up without tendering an apology to the Church.

Clearing the air on the alleged fraud, Klint Da Drunk told Nigeriafilms that the church was at fault in the mess.

"I was told that the event would hold on Sunday, March 23, not March 22, as claimed by the church. Besides, I was paid N200,000 for the show, not N250,000 the church claimed they paid me."

Speaking further, he explained that he boarded a flight to Owerri (Imo Sate capital) from Lagos on Saturday for another function holding on that day (Saturday) in Owerri, hoping to connect Abuja from there for the church event on Sunday.

"On my way to Owerri, they called to tell me that the event was that day, which was 22nd of March, and that I should start coming (to Abuja). They were begging me to be in Abuja. If they were so sure of the date, why were they begging me? The church told me they would pay whatever cost I incur for my flight to the programme that day.

"That I missed the show wasn't my fault, the church should be faulted. At the end of the day, I still went to Abuja (on Sunday) because I had already bought the ticket for Sunday. I tried reaching the pastor, but I couldn't.

On why he is yet to refund the money, Klint said the church did not give him an account number to make a refund.


Thanks

Powered by Blogger.
back to top